{ Beauty | Haircut - Long Layers with Pointed Back }

8/22/2014 11:20:00 AM Nicole Gunadi 0 Comments

"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."
- Aristotle

I am currently in my last few days of my two week summer break from school. It has been a short but fun break; and as all of my "breaks" through nursing school has gone, I still wish I could have just one more week. I'm excited for the coming semester because it means that I'll be a step closer to finishing nursing school! Woot!

I finally made time to cut my hair. I haven't cut my hair, since...well...last year before nursing school started. Ever since then, I've been busy, to say the least. I got about two hair trims in, but that was about it. For those of you who don't know, I've been cutting my hair myself since the 7th grade. I'm no licensed hair professional or anything, but I've done my "research" and can cut, style, and care for my hair exactly the way I want it. 

So...how did I get into this business of DIY hair cutting? Well, it all started with a hair cutting mishap that happened when I went to a local hair salon. I won't reveal the name of the hair salon, but I'll mention that it's a chain store. Aside from a long, layered haircut, I also wanted bangs. The layered part of the haircut came out fine...however, the bangs...did not frame my face well. The lady cut my bangs too wide. After that incident, I figured why not save money and learn a new skill? So...I learned how to cut my hair by watching Youtube and through trial and error with my own hair throughout the years.

Here's my before and after picture (I apologize for the lighting...That's what happens when you take pictures in the bathroom.):


In the "before" picture, my hair was basically an overgrown "Asian mullet" hairstyle. The overgrown layers look really nice at the back (until you look at it closely and see a large gap between the short and long layers). From the front, it is obvious that something happened with my hair (once again, referring to the gap in the layers). 

In the "after" picture, my hair is now evenly layered with a pointed tail. From the front, the layers blend nicely with a more "conservative" look. From the back, the layers are still even; however, the pointed tail gives the hairstyle some edge (or at least I think it does). 

Want some hair care/haircutting tips and tricks? Feel free to leave a comment below or send me a message through the contact form on my homepage.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: